Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kaffee Middle School Spring 2013



As I looked around Kaffee cafeteria at all my peers in front of their own projects - not one of them was in a lab coat. And although a few had glasses, they weren't the thick old-fashioned bi-focals that our grandparents wear. We are all scientists and it doesn't matter how we dress or look.

It is one thing to talk about pedagogy within a college classroom, but it is a whole other thing when you are actually teaching in front of students and parents. I love that Family Science Night gives me that opportunity and another experience of actually teaching.

The reason why I would like to be involved with something like this again is because not only was this a great experience, but it was also a reassurance that I still want to pursue a degree in education.

Doing true science allows the students to be scientists and find their own answers to their own questions.

Spending the little free time I had on this project was defintiely worth it because it really did change my whole entire attitude towards teaching science and science in general.

The one main thing I will remember from this event would be that there are TONS of different ways to represent science and get children intriqued by it.

No comments: