Wednesday, April 24, 2013

St. Pius X Spring 2013



This experience showed me that children really do care about our planet. I was surprised to be asked questions such as "what do we do to save our beach?". This made me feel like I had made a difference during this quick lesson at family science night and I began wondering how much of a difference I could make in a classroom with much more time to teach about our planet and how humans affect it.

The biggest thing I will remember is how much of a caring concern that the students had for the marine life and the fact they they actually seemed interested in helping.

I think this is a great event for students to be part of.

Participating in Family Science Night has allowed me to see that science is not scary.

The biggest benefit was that I got to go to a real public school and teach kids. Being homeschooled my whole life, I appreciate going to a public school and seeing school from a different perspective.

This experience made me more aware of making good decisions with food as well as opened my eyes to how much sugar I am consuming daily and the health consequences that can come with it.

I see the importance of what science brings to our students, and as a teacher it will be my duty that my students learn the same, and how science connects to our surroundings and our community.

No comments: