Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seashore Middle School Academy Spring 2013



The students get involved in learning, light bulbs are going off, future careers are being contemplated, parents are having fun learning with their children, and the community is getting involved in the schools. I am so glad I have this opportunity to practice family science nights where I can bring this awesome asset to my future school!

TheFamily Science Night became a Family Science Fest!! There were nachos, hot dogs, and a raffle for some pretty neat prizes!!

THe fun part about Family Science Night at Seashore Middle Academy was the competitive energy the children and parents brought. While competing in different exercieses the students showed great energy and were eager to challenge their peers and parents.

The one main thing I will remember from this event was that science can be fun and easy to teach. It doesn't have to be all text book and charts and graphs. It can be all hands on to keep the minds on of the students and be able to learn in a fun way so it can be learned and remembered longer.

I was excited about working with students and working wiht families and helping them to learn information.

I definitely have a better respect for science and science teachers now because I see that is is possible to mix science with fun.

I am so happy we went to Seashore Middle Academy. I really enjoyed each and every student and parents that came up to our presentation board and we got to teach them.You can tell this is a good school to be part of and I hope I am lucky one day to be part of a school like this when I am a teacher!

No comments: